We would like to wish everyone a Happy Pride Month! Pride Month is about celebrating our diversity as a community and how far we’ve come, and raising awareness of the struggles we’ve faced and are still facing. Although Pride Month is June, there are many Pride festivals which take place after. There are two Pride events scheduled for the Bucks area this summer.
High Wycombe Pride
Wycombe Pride takes place on the weekend of the 18-20th August 2023.
Friday 18th August:
- LGBTQ+ TedTalks in The Mad Squirrel. Come along and hear people from the LGBTQ+ community share their experiences from 7pm.
- Pride disco in The Sosh Club from 9pm
Saturday 19th August:
- Pride stalls from 1pm – 4pm (Paul’s Row)
- Pride Zumba dance demo just before 2pm
- Pride march starting in Frogmoor at 2pm, along Oxford Street, up Castle Street, down Corporation Street, along the High Street pavement, down the side of McDonald’s and into Pauls Row. Bring your flags, banners and bright colours!
- Pride celebrations/Cabaret/After-party in O’Neill’s from 2pm until late
- Pride Youth & Family Celebrations from 3pm in the Front Room Café (our designated youth and family venue)
Sunday 20th August:
- Pride movies in The Mad Squirrel from 12pm
- LGBTQ+ brunch with end of Pride Disney quiz and bingo in the Flint Cottage from 3pm till late.
Plus lots more!
Keep up to date with events on the High Wycombe Pride Facebook page
Milton Keynes Pride
Milton Keynes Pride takes place on Saturday 9th September 2023.